I originally trained with Karina Kerrigan who has represented Ireland at the World Grooming Championships and is a member of the guild of Master groomers and founding member of the I.P.D.G.A.. I always had a passion for dogs and decided to change my career in 2006 from I.T. to follow my passion for working with them.
I have always been very creative, with an artistic eye. So styling and scissoring hair into different shapes comes naturally to me. What drew me to the profession and motivated me to become highly trained, was the prospect of combing the two things I love most: art and dogs. I also regularly attend dog grooming workshops to hone my skills, technique and style.
- Joined the judging panel at the 2018 Irish Dog Grooming Championships (Madra Mania) (2018)
- Taught Dog Grooming and Canine Behaviour FETAC level 5 & 6 at Killester College, Dublin (2015-2016)
- Awarded with the L.C.G.I. (Licentiateship to the City & Guilds Institiute of London) (2013)
- Module 2- Crossbreed completed of the City & Guilds Higher Grooming Diploma (2011)
- Module 1 – Bichon Frise completed of the City & Guilds Higher Grooming Diploma (2010)
- MJ Training Canine First Aid responder Certificate (2009)
- City and Guilds 7750 Advanced Dog Grooming Certificate Accredited (2008)
- Basic Dog Grooming Certificate attained at Woofters Dog grooming, Newcastle (2006)
- Member of The Pet Care Trust UK (now known as the Pet Industry Federation)
- Committee Member of the Irish Professional Dog Groomers Association (IPDGA)